In this article we will show you how to set up your SMSchat.org account and then integrate it with your Promptchat service.
Sign up and connect your device at SMSchat.org
SMSchat app allows you to run SMS campaigns with your phone as the sending & receiving gateway
Create a Free SMSchat Account
You can sign up to have your SMSchat Account by following these steps:
- Please register a free SMSchat account visiting SMSchat.org
- Verify your email address (Use the same browser)
- And finally, subscribe to the Free trial plan to start with
HW Prerequisites: Android phone with Android version 6 or above
Add a sending phone (device) to your SMSchat account
Once you selected your plan you will be taken to the page called “SMS devices” and then you will click on the “Add” button.
You can add as many Android phones as you want. (Depending on the number of messages you want to send out per month.)
Download the SMSchat App to your phone
These steps are processed using your phone:
- Using your mobile phone go to https://smschat.org
- Log into your account with your recently created credentials
- Click on the SMS devices tab
- Click the Add device button
- Point your phone towards the QR code
- Scan the QR code which then authenticates your phone
Create the integration for SMSchat.org in Promptchat
To use your SMSchat.org service in Promptchat you need to create an integration. To do so, follow these simple steps.
- In your Promptchat dashboard, go to the Integrations tab
- Select the SMSchat.org icon and continue to create your SMSchat integration by clicking the highlighted Continue button below
- Enter the name for your integration
- Define the Prefix (how this will appear in your Chatboard)
- Pick the chatbot from the drop-down menu
- And choose the language the chatbot will use.
Retrieve your token from your SMSchat account
Go back to your SMSchat.org account to retrieve the Token which you will need in the next step.
Copy the Token and paste it in the Integration configuration box of your Promptchat account.
Now you can use Promptchat to send INstant messages, campaigns as well as the Shared Team Inbox with an SMS chatbot.